This blog is dedicated to all the women who I know and love so dearly. Those who are flawed, but find grace in Jesus. The beautiful women who, "are worth far more than rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)
I have been watching you. I have been watching how you look at yourself and talk about yourself. I listen to the confidential words in our friendships and I ask, how did she become this way? How did she get stuck in this trap? How is it that she believes these lies she tells herself. It is the small things, that are said, they seem like a joke. Maybe it is I am fat. Or the I can't do this or I can't do that. I am not good enough. These tiny conversations and revelations of insecurities start to take hold, and then you find yourself stereotyped as someone not worthy. My only conclusion is, that after some time with these feelings you become them.
I am not sure where it starts and where it ends. Feelings are meant to come and go. A single feeling should not define an entire life. However, in some circumstances we hang on to that feeling making us believe that is all we can be. We become that lonely day. We become that broken heart. We become the bad girl. We are that angry person. We are meant to experience every feeling as real for a moment or a season, but we cannot let them define an entire lifetime.
I look at the women around me, and I wonder, feelings aside, do they believe they are more than those moments? If you read my blog then you know I believe the Bible. The Bible defines who we are. Your first thought maybe, well, thank you, another disappointment, because I can never live up to that standard. Jesus was the only perfect person and I just can't be that good. Well, me too, that would have been my first thought. However, as you walk further and closer to Jesus, there is something deeper that defines us. We are defined by His love. All the things Jesus did... teaching, serving, suffering, and dying on the cross were because HE LOVED us first.
Let's take a minute to look at ourselves the way God looks at us.
- You are worth far more than rubies. -Proverbs 31:10
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made -Psalm 139:4
- You are chosen. Ephesians 1:4
- You are forgiven in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1
- You are dearly loved -- Ephesians 5:1
- You are a work in progress. (Be confident that He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion.) Philippians 1:6
- You are loved with an everlasting love. - Jeremiah 31:3
- You are not alone. - Joshua 1:9
- You have been given a spirit of power, love, and self discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- You are an overcomer. John 16:33
This is my mindset, now let me hear yours!