Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Confessions of a Neurotic Woman

I have a few things to get off my chest.  First, I would love to be skinny!  I mean how nice would it be to go into any store and pick up any old outfit and look great.  I however, am not thin, nor tall, and if I am committing to my title here, confessing that I am doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to become thin.

Secondly, I wanted to be CEO of a fortune 500 company when I was a kid.  Yep, that is right.  I was planning on taking over the world. Confession 2, I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to become a CEO.  That is right, my major is Speech Communications with a minor in Ag Development.  I can hear all three of my dedicated followers saying, what? Seriously?  (BTW, thank you for following me!)  Yep, I have always said that my major was: teaching a cow to talk.  What do you do with that?  I will tell you, it is NOT become CEO of a major Fortune 500 company. 

Confession 3: I over analyze EVERYTHING.  As I sit here to write this blog, I am sure I will read it over and over again.  Contemplating, is it funny?  What is my point?  Where am I going?  What does this all mean?  It means that I make decisions. Then I consider each decision I did not make.  This leads to the conclusion that my original decision was absolutely terrible.  At which point, most days, I just say oh well and accept the decision may end in a craving for chocolate.

Confession 4:  I am really trying to find my place in God's plan.  My silly rants and admissions of faults I am hoping are a pathway to discovering God's plan for me.  You see, I have always thought God has great plans for me.  He has been refining me, testing me, and pushing me; I think I have finally connected with Him.  It took a few trials, a few broken hearts, a few lost friendships, and a few reluctant and tearful letting go and letting God to get where I am.  I don't want to miss out on His calling me because I am afraid.  If I need to confess my faults, or divulge a few mistakes to be cleared for service in His plan, then I pray I am no Jonah.  The last thing I want is to be thrown up on a beach smelling like whale puke!

Last Confession:  I am not a very good listener.  I can talk, but I need to listen.  If I am to discover what God has planned for me, then I better get started listening!

Proverbs 18:13
To answer before listening—
   that is folly and shame. 


My last thought here is that I do not want my last two confessions to be like my first two.  I don't want to say that I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to achieve them.  Now is a good time to learn from those mistakes and say it is time to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to seek God's will and listen for His call.

5 comments:

  1. You're a great writer! Your wit is so fun to read and you have a message. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack my side little sister! I love you and your thoughts. BTW, God is working greatly through you to minister to your husband and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that Kevin guy, he must know what's up.
    :)
    But really, I do agree. God is on the move in your life. Look out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your humor will lead someone to God's love. They have no idea what is in store for them.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. you inspire me. Just needed you to know that

    ReplyDelete