Thursday, February 14, 2013

My funny valentine...a tragic bug story!

I have to tell this story, because you just CAN NOT make this stuff up.  This was how my valentines day started.  I woke up about 5:30am.  (Yes, that is AM.)  My daughter woke up before her alarm, came down and got in my bed.  I turned on a cartoon, while I went to get my shower.

I thought it felt chilly in the house.  I checked the thermostat and it read 64 degrees.  I proceeded to click on the heater just to get the chill out of the air.  I went and took my shower.  It was after the shower, that my morning became like a scene out of a movie.

I stood in front of the mirror, thinking, it is Valentine's day.  This is a sexy day, maybe I should have shaved my legs, when all of the sudden a BUG fell from the air vent!  I am in my towel and bug fell first in my hair, then on my shoulder as I began to yell.  There I am, ALL OF ME, flailing around the bathroom.  My towel flailing about as I try to make sure the BUG is off of me, and out of my hair.  I stand still, as I eye it on the floor, towel in hand.   At 5:45ish in the morning, my reflexes are slower.  I stand there looking for signs of life, towel in hand.  Then, I say to myself out loud, because talking to myself makes sense at this point.  "I need a shoe, I can't step on that thing with my bare foot!"  I run out of the bathroom, towel in hand, grab the nearest shoe, scream a little and mush the bug.

At this point, my daughter says, "Mommy, what's the matter?"  I mention the bug and she comes running.  She has to see the descimated bug on the floor.  Satisfied, that I had killed the bug beyond coming back to life she retreats to her cartoon, I stand there towel in hand.  I continue to twitch the twitch of the bug is still on me.  As I get dressed, I occasionally brush my hair and shoulder and shiver that, "EWE a bug was on me," shiver.

It occurs to me, that this is pretty funny.  I mean it is around 6am, and I am wide awake.  I have been assaulted by a bug and survived.  I should let my family know that I have survived.  So I text message my mother-in-law and husband.  This is what I got in response:

Mother-in-law:  LMBO

A few minutes pass and then there is this text:

Mother-in-law:  Still LMBO

Then this text comes across:

Husband: What kind of bug was it?

Now, I love that man, BUT REALLY?????  I could have been killed by this tiny bug.  I could have slipped on a wet floor and been laying there with a broken bone.  Need I mention, NAKED!   All I got was what kind of bug was it!  While the fairtales don't describe it this way, this is true love, I swear it is.  There is no one in the world that makes me happier, laugh harder, or madder than that man!  It makes me want to move his boots, so his morning routine will be thrown off!  (You know, the boots I trip over nearly every night!) 

Well, I survived my valentine morning and guess what was on my desk when I got to work:


 

 
I guess I will be able to change the world!
 
 


1 comment: