Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ode to Valentine's Day

Oh Valentines, the day of love, hugs.... and chocolate
Oh Valentines, you make me think of the things I love the most:

I love driving fast, rock music blaring on the radio.... and chocolate
I love the refreshing wind before a storm, the smell of rain..... and chocolate
I love the joyful sounds of kids laughing.... and chocolate
I love payday ( the day and the candy bar for that matter)...... and chocolate
I love BUNCO night, with its code language, roaring laughs..... and chocolate
I love the smell of a clean house I have NOT cleaned....and chocolate
I love the ache in my belly after a good laugh..... and chocolate
I love excitement of a holiday....and chocolate
I love a lazy Sunday afternoon.... and chocolate
I love a warm day at the ranch, bugs humming, cows mooing........ and chocolate
I love the idea of loosing weight, but then there is....... chocolate
Most importantly, I love my husband and daughter EVERY SECOND, of EVERY DAY..... and chocolate!


There are 365 days in a year.  How many days do I spend more time talking about the little irritations, rather than enjoying the things I love?  I think I am going to take this Valentine's and stretch it out.  I am going to take it past the greeting cards, and make the LOVE real.  I am going to step it up a bit.  I think instead of "buying the world a coke", lets make it real and buy it a bag of M&Ms!  One day, one bag.....CHANGE THE WORLD through chocolate.  Isn't that what Valentines day is really about?

This is my mindset, now let me hear yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment