Monday, January 9, 2012

The best time of my life so far....

My birthday is rapidly approaching.  I am am hitting what I am considering a "BIG ONE."  I will be turning 35, and while it is still  almost three weeks away, I am getting anxious for it.  It seems like it means more to me this year.  I am not only turning 35 but I will have had diabetes 25 years.  For some strange reason I find this to be some weird honor!  It is like on the inside, I am yelling TAKE THAT, diabetes.  So I begin now with the preface that it is going to be my birthday and I am going to talk about it and celebrate it for approximately 9 days.  To define the days a little further, that is pre-birthday weekend, birthday (Wednesday Feb. 1st), and post-birthday weekend!  Yes, I am an attention hound!

As I said, I have had diabetes almost 25 years.  I am going to celebrate!  Yep, while it is a bit unorthodox, I plan on having cake!  I have blogged a few times about having diabetes and having struggles with it.  It is not always easy, sometimes it is downright frustrating, but I am going to BE THANKFUL for it.  I shall thank it with cake and then several units of insulin!  It will be a sweet celebration to the unsweetened diabetes life.

As for turning 35, I am of the frame of mind today, that this may be the best part of my life, so far.  I loved my twenties, and I had some good times, but there is something great about right now.  The mid-thirties may be the best time for a woman.  I am passed the age where friendships change every couple of weeks.  I have learned a thing or two about the people I want to surround me, and don't worry about rumors and gossip.  Although, I am sure there is gossip.  After all, some one must have noticed that I sent my kid to school with her pants on backwards today!  Yes, true story.  My 4 year old dressed herself, and this morning, I did not notice that her back pockets were up front when I zipped up her jacket this morning.  It was after school, after lunch, when grandma said, "Baby girl, do you have your pants on backwards?"  I laughed and also felt like a terrible mom.  Even with mishaps like this, I still feel pretty good in my skin.  Maybe, it is because unlike my teens and twenties, I realize I am not invincible and that I am not always right.

Here are a couple of reasons why I believe this may be the best part of life so far. 
  • God.  It goes without saying that since I re-focused my life on God, things have been good.  That is not to say without trial, but I am comforted through out each stage.  Good or bad there is a underlying sense of peace and comfort when I am where I should be, and prayer is my confidant.  It took until my thirties to truly understand and truly listen to the word of God, and it's revelations have been life changing. 
  • My husband.  He is my best friend, biggest cheerleader, and source of all my frustration!  After almost ten years of marriage you would think, I would not trip over his boots EVERY day, but EVERY night, I am like,"OUCH, Why do you put your boots there?"  To which he responds,"They have been there every night since we got married!"  The sweet sound of those frustrations fills my heart knowing that if I can trip over his boots EVERY night for 10 years, I can continue to for about 50 more.  Because, let's face it, moving the boots now would take all the fun out of the game!
  • My daughter.  There is no greater joy.
  • My family: The sacrifices made for me, the advice they share with me, and their unconditional love.
  • A shout out to the dicey chicks I play Bunco with!  My husband pointed out that I have an amazing group of friends.  He commented on the laughter and genuine joy he could hear when he came home before our Bunco game was over.  He also said, that the girls should give me great material for a hilarious blog.  I am just not sure that everyone will laugh as much as we did and the random yelling of words like," Shampoo," and " Boobs."  I look forward to Bunco night because, the women I share this time with are God-seeking, talented, funny, and real.  Some of them I know better than others, but I believe God put them each in my life for a purpose.  I don't know what it is, but I know whatever it is, God has blessed me!
 While it is early to be celebrating my birthday, I feel like I have a lot to celebrate.  Turning 35 seems like a big deal, and in true Miranda fashion I am going to DRAMA it up, play it out, and ATTENTION hog it until it just can't be anymore!

This is my mindset, now let me hear yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment